Mon, Nov 19|
Feed My Starving Children
Feed My Starving Children (FMSC)
Join us in packing a dry nutritious meal to help families in need around the world. We will work in groups of 5-6.
Time & Location
Nov 19, 2018, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Feed My Starving Children, 990 Lone Oak Rd #136, Eagan, MN 55121, USA
About the Event
Please join the Lakeville Area Garden Club on November 19th from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm at the Eagan location of Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) as we help to pack a dry nutritious meal to send to those in need all over the world. We will carpool from the Target parking lot on 185th St and I35, meeting at 5:15 and leaving shortly after that. If you would like to meet us at the Eagan location, the address is 990 Lone Oak Rd #136, Eagan, MN.
NOTE: WE WILL NOT HAVE OUR REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING on Monday, November 12th at the Main Street Manor.
Since November is a month to give thanks and to think of helping others, our President Robin Johnson suggested this idea as a service project for our Club. We voted at our October meeting and decided to volunteer on November 19th.
This is what you need to know for the Service Project at Feed My Starving Children:
1. Please respond either way if you are going since we need to sign up with FMSC.
2. We will meet and carpool from the 185th St and I35 Target at 5:15 pm on Monday, November 19th.
3. You are not allowed to wear jewelry, opened toed shoes and will need to have your long hair pulled back while working with the food. If you prefer, you can take off your earrings, rings and necklaces when you get there. Hairnets and gloves are provided and worn.
4. A short presentation and video is shown so you will know what you will be doing and how important these dry meals you prepare are for people around the world.
5. We will work in teams of about 5 to 6 to prepare the food packets.
6. We will plan to go out afterwards for refreshments and fun!
7. Please Google Feed My Starving Children for more information. https://www.fmsc.org/